Ocean & Earth
Travel by water taxi to Onetahuti in the morning to join your guided kayak trip. Paddle with your expert local guide southward through the Tonga Island Marine Reserve visiting the friendly local wildlife. Enjoy your lunch on a golden beach before continuing our kayaking trip southwards to Anchorage. Spend the night at Anchorage at a beachside tent site. On day two, walk or freedom kayak back to Marahau at your own pace stopping off at secluded beaches to take in the dazzling views of the Astrolabe Islands.
- Minimum age 14 years
- Minimum 2 people required for freedom kayak upgrade on day two
What’s included in this tour?
- 1 day kayak hire
- Optional lunch for $20 on day one
- DOC Camp pass for 1 night (subject to availability)
- Free pack transfer if required on day one.
- Water taxi from Marahau to Onetahuti
- Kayak from Onetahuti to Anchorage
- Stay night at Anchorage
- Option 1: Walk, unguided from Anchorage to Marahau.
- Option 2: Freedom kayak on your second day from Anchorage through the Astrolabe Roadstead back to Marahau ($30 for upgrade)
Environmental Access Fee (eaf)A portion of your ticket price goes directly towards preserving the unique environment you will enjoy on your trip in the Abel Tasman. This includes the compulsory concession fees paid to the Department of Conversation as well as voluntary contributions to local organisations and projects to improve the environment, ecology and access to the national park.
Learn More >>