On day one, water taxi to Totaranui (or Awaroa depending on the tide) and walk to Onetahuti where you camp for the night. On day two, join the Magical Marine Reserve guided kayaking trip, exploring the the Marine Reserve with your guide before paddling south to Anchorage. Camp in Anchorage for the night and then explore the Astrolabe area on your paddle back to Marahau (requires minimum of 2 people). Alternatively, walk from Anchorage back to Marahau (3.5hrs).
For group bookings requiring transport between Nelson, Motueka and Marahau please give us a call on 0800 80 80 18 to add bus transfers to your booking.
- Minimum age 14 years
What’s included in this tour?
- Water taxi fares
- 1 day kayak hire
- Optional lunch for $15 on day two
- Kayak retrieval
- DOC camp pass for two nights
- Pack transfer on day two if freedom walking on day three
- Water taxi from Marahau to Totaranui
- Walk from Totaranui to Onetahuti
- Camp at Onetahuti
- Kayak from Onetahuti to Anchorage
- Camp at Anchorage
- Option 1: Walk, unguided from Anchorage to Marahau.
- Option 2: Freedom kayak on your third day from Anchorage through the Astrolabe Roadstead back to Marahau ($30 for upgrade)
Important Notice: From December 3rd, New Zealand moved into the new COVID-19 Protection Framework, or traffic light system. We are required to adopt this new framework in order to remain open and also to keep everybody safe. Therefore from December 3rd all customers older than 12 years and 3 months will need to present their My Vaccine Pass before they can use our services. The new Protection Framework also requires that we adhere to the regulations outlined for each of the three levels; red, orange and green. For more specific information about COVID-19 Protection Framework please visit this link. Thank you for your understanding.