On day one, water taxi to Totaranui (or Awaroa depending on the tide) and walk to Onetahuti where you camp for the night. On day two, join the Magical Marine Reserve guided kayaking trip, exploring the the Marine Reserve with your guide before paddling south to Anchorage. Camp in Anchorage for the night and then explore the Astrolabe area on your paddle back to Marahau (requires minimum of 2 people). Alternatively, walk from Anchorage back to Marahau (3.5hrs).
- Minimum age 14 years
What’s included in this tour?
- Water taxi fares
- 1 day kayak hire
- Optional lunch for $20 on day two
- Kayak retrieval
- DOC Camp passes for 2 nights (subject to availability)
- Pack transfer on day two if freedom walking on day three
- Water taxi from Marahau to Totaranui
- Walk from Totaranui to Onetahuti
- Camp at Onetahuti
- Kayak from Onetahuti to Anchorage
- Camp at Anchorage
- Option 1: Walk, unguided from Anchorage to Marahau.
- Option 2: Freedom kayak on your third day from Anchorage through the Astrolabe Roadstead back to Marahau ($30 for upgrade)
Environmental Access Fee (eaf)A portion of your ticket price goes directly towards preserving the unique environment you will enjoy on your trip in the Abel Tasman. This includes the compulsory concession fees paid to the Department of Conversation as well as voluntary contributions to local organisations and projects to improve the environment, ecology and access to the national park.
Learn More >>